Poster is by far the best WordPress app available for iOS today. I have already written about how good the app is and recommend it to anyone who has an iOS device and writes for a WordPress blog. In fact, its features and UI are far better than the official WordPress app available for iOS. Today, Poster has been updated to version 2.0. With this major release, the app continues to get even better and brings a plethora of new features.
Poster now features support for Custom Post Types in WordPress. If you have customized your blog by adding Custom Post Types for anything, Poster will let you enable them from the settings. Poster now also lets you edit a post’s excerpt, set the post as Sticky & even lets you add images anywhere in a post by tapping and holding down the cursor when you’re in the editor. Other notable features that this release brings include:
- Localized for English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish
- Edits to published posts can now be saved locally before re-publishing
- Option to remove a post’s featured image
- Re-order your blogs within the interface
- Ability to assign custom labels to custom fields
- Improved speed when syncing posts
- Edits to posts are automatically saved. There’s no need to manually save a post anymore.
This version also brings along robust support for a URL Schema for Poster. If you’re the developer of an app, you might want to take a look at that.
Poster still sports the same beautiful and minimal UI identity of its and this release manages to make it an even solid app. It’s available on the App Store for $2.99 as a Universal app.