I’m Preshit Deorukhkar, a technology columnist, a connoisseur of good visual design and a Digital Media Consultant from Mumbai, India. I am the Editor-in-Chief of Beautiful Pixels, where I write about and showcase exceptional examples of good design in any form or medium. I also work with Educational Institutes, handling their online presence and other web properties at iXyr Media.
Nuclear Bits is where I write about technology, Apple, photography, India, the Internet and other topics that interest me. You can keep up with the posts here by subscribing to the RSS Feed or following @nuclearbits on Twitter.
About Preshit Deorukhkar
The question that I get asked most often is how do I pronounce my name. Maybe it’d help if I started spelling it as Préshit. The first part of my name is pronounced as ‘Pray‘ while the last one rhymes with ‘myth‘.
I’m 31, married and live in Mumbai, India. Growing up, I’ve been passionate about building stuff on the web. Back in 2006, I started a web-hosting company called Expertrio Web Services. In 2008, I co-founded Smoking Apples — a blog that covers in-depth reviews, analysis, views, opinions, tutorials, and how-tos about all things Apple. In 2009, I co-founded Beautiful Pixels — a blog that features a showcase of anything and everything that has beautiful pixels. Then in 2010, I put together a small but genius team of passionate individuals and started working on Homescreen.me — a website that lets you showcase your iOS device homescreens and the apps you’re using on them. In 2015, I launched The Platter — a site for app enthusiasts. Then in 2017, I launched App Icon Gallery and SharpShutter.co.
Apart from being the Editor on Smoking Apples and Beautiful Pixels, I have also been an Editor on sites like WATBlog, MobileIndustryReview, The Fifty Paise and IndiaGSM and briefly, the India Editor at The Next Web.
Gear I have
- A _old_ & dying 2011 iMac (21.5″, 2.5GHz Core i5) attached to a 24″ LED Cinema Display.
- A 2013 MacBook Air (13″, 1.3GHz Core i5 Model)
- iPhone 7 Plus (128GB, Space Grey, Unlocked)
- Apple Watch Sport
- Sony a7r Mark II with Sony Zeiss 55mm F1.8 lens
Apps I Use
- Spark — for email
- Things – for tasks
- Bear – for notes and snippets
- Tweetbot – for twitter
- ReadKit and Reeder – for RSS
- MarsEdit – for publishing
- Pocket Casts – for podcasts
- Droplr — for quick sharing
- SuperDuper! and Blackblaze — for Backups
- Fantastical — for calendaring
- Ulysses — for writing
- Spotify and Saavn – for music
- Halide — for camera
- StepsApp — for steps tracking
- iShows TV — for tracking tv shows
The best way to reach me is to send me an email at [email protected]